Monday, 2 August 2010

Darlings I'm a Writer


Darlings I'm a writer! Grant Scott, Group Brand Editor of Archant Imaging including Professional Photographer Magazine got in touch, asked if I had a rant about the industry. Turns out I did, a 1200 word one. 'The Winner Takes It All' pp82-83 can be absorbed in all its literary glory in the August issue, out now! Also featuring the 25 Bad Boys of Photography, a good pub discussion piece - podcast. Will post a link if my rant goes online. In addition I give a 6 page interview on Street Photography in September's Photography Monthly. Download the podcast from i-tunes or listen here.


Congratulations to Laura Pannack who scooped 'Best in Show' and £1500 crisp ones at the foto8 summer party & exhibition launch. I managed to hide the collapse of my own hopes grimacing across my face and freeze a smile. If you do pop along to the E1 gallery and self-dislocate your neck so it's at right angle to your back you can probably catch a glimpse of my own 2 entries. Genuinely well done LP, 'Shay' got my vote, now off to shred my National Portrait Gallery Taylor-Wessing entries.

'Shay' by Laura Pannack

Received an invite from good friend and VII snapper Marcus Bleasdale to share a night of his Summer Hols. 'Captain Congo' was in ebullient and imbibing form as my daughter and I rocked up at the Great Western Arms near King's Sutton. Permission to board granted we chugged towards Oxford. Far from the plinking neon signs of central London I reclined with a Rose and imagined how the legendary H M Stanley must have felt on his expedition down Congo's 'Blood River'.


My shiny new project 'England Uncensored' - a laugh out loud warts & all romp through this badly behaved land, was previewed in the Sunday Times Magazine Spectrum section, a fuller edit can be viewed to subscribers of timesonline and of course more extensively at peterdench.com.

The Denchy love bus rolls on, with 'LoveUK' being screened during pro-week at Visa Pour L'image Festival of Photojournalism on the evening of Tuesday 31st at Campo Santo & Place de la Republique. Hope to see you there!

Feel the love xxx

from the project 'LoveUK'


No comments:

Post a Comment